The Department of Managed Health Care (DMHC) has increased staffing for and reorganized its Provider Complaint Division, including an all new web interface for this purpose.
DMHC has vowed to demonstrate a renewed commitment to be more provider and consumer friendly and more aggressive in following up on complaints that you may have with plans.
Take them up on their commitment if you need assistance.
Also, the DMHC Help Center is designed for patients to use with their complaints. That telephone number is 1-888-466-2219.
Regulators can’t regulate unless you complain, give them something to work with!!
- Blue Shield and State Regulators Accidentally Release Private Data of 18,000 Doctors (breitbart.com)
- ConsumerWatch: Covered California Enrollees Complain Of Bait & Switch (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- State Investigating Flawed Covered California Doctor Lists From Insurers (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Anthem Covered California Customer Unable To Find Nearby Doctor, Said He Was Told To Cancel Plan (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- Blue Shield, state regulators release 18,000 California doctors’ private data (bizjournals.com)
- KNX 1070 Investigation: More Calif. Doctors Illegally Charging Insured Patients Extra Fees (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- Ask Emily: Help! Out-of-network emergency woes (fresnobee.com)
- Blue Shield discloses 18,000 doctors’ Social Security numbers (theunhivedmind.com)
- Court of Appeal Rules HMO Regulator Cannot Discriminate Against Autistic Children by Erecting Hurdles to Key Treatments, says Consumer Watchdog (sacbee.com)