From U.S. Department of Justice, November 14, 2013: The National Action Alliance for Suicide Prevention has released nine suicide prevention publications to support the work of juvenile justice professionals. These online publications address critical program areas and promote life-saving practices, including effective screening, risk assessment, and the drafting of model policies in collaboration with other child-serving agencies, particularly those addressing mental health issues.
The resources were developed by the Alliance’s Suicide Prevention for Youth in Contact with the Juvenile Justice System Task Force, co-led by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) and the National Center for Mental Health and Juvenile Justice. In the upcoming months, OJJDP and theSubstance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration will host several Webinars on the contributions of these resources.
Access these publications.
- Task Force Publishes Comprehensive Suicide Prevention Reading (childreninprison.wordpress.com)
- Mental Health of Juvenile Detainees (indianajuvenilejustice.com)
- Justice Department Supports Online Clearinghouse To Reduce Girls’ Delinquency And Detention (sys-con.com)
- A Bit of “Light” Reading (and a Webcast) (indianajuvenilejustice.com)
- Through the eyes of juveniles (devkotak14.wordpress.com)