NAMI California announced today that Mariel Hemingway will serve as its Keynote Speaker for the NAMI California 2014 Annual Conference.
Ms. Hemingway is an iconic Academy Award nominated actor from a celebrated family. She is a prolific author, adventurist, ecological activist, healthy lifestyle and mental health advocate, yoga video star, a food brand entrepreneur, and a much sought after keynote speaker focused on mind-body-spirit optimization and purposeful living.
In 2003, Ms. Hemingway wrote the powerful best-selling memoir, Finding My Balance–an honest and inspiring story of her life’s journey through the lens of her personal yoga and meditation practices. Her second book, Mariel Hemingway’s Healthy Living from the Inside Out), is a how-to guide to finding a greater sense of balance, joy, and meaning through self-empowering techniques and strategies. Her 2009 healthy lifestyle cookbook entitled, Mariel’s Kitchen, focused on creative and delicious gluten and sugar free offerings.
In 2013, the rich and evocative documentary, Running From Crazy, premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. Produced by Oprah Winfrey, the film is an examination of the Hemingway family’s history of mental illness and suicide, and focuses on Mariel Hemingway’s boundless advocacy for mental health awareness.
You can visit Mariel Hemingway’s blog here.
- Running from Crazy: Mariel Hemingway (& Me). (elephantjournal.com)
- Film: ‘Running From Crazy’ a compelling documentary starring Mariel Hemingway (gosanangelo.com)
- Mariel Hemingway On The Dark Side Of Her Family Heritage (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Mariel Hemingway’s Crazy (But Not Insane) PR Blitz (prverdict.com)
- Running with Mariel Hemingway. ~ Megan McWilliams (elephantjournal.com)
- Mariel Hemingway Crowdfunding Anti-Monsanto Film: Will You Help? (iplanethealthnews.com)