The South Bay Hearing Voices Network represents a partnership between:
- Individuals who hear voices or have other extreme or unusual experiences and beliefs
- Allies in the community
- Family members.
- As a group, we are working together to change assumptions made about these experiences and create support, learning and healing opportunities for people across the South Bay.
The group meets weekly on Wednesday from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the second floor of Harbor UCLA Wellness Center, 21730 Vermont Avenue in Torrance.
The support group is co-facilitated by people that have lived the experience of hearing voices, and importantly, it is counting on those who attend to shape the direction the group takes in providing support for its participants.
The Hearing Voices Network is not a NAMI organization. It is comprised of people who see, hear, feel, and think things that others may not experience. For more information about the hearing voices network, and how hearing voices groups work, please check out Hearing Voices USA and Hearing Voices International. This is a free walk-in group.
- Second Annual South Bay Hearing Voices Conference (namisouthbay.com)
- Torrance, CA: Perfect for a Beach Getaway (hipmunk.com)
- Program Specialist (jobview.monster.com)