This month’s speaker is Janet Backes, Regional Coordinator for “Project Return”.
Project Return Peer Support Network is Los Angeles County’s oldest program run for people with mental illness. Project Return Peer Support Network (PRPSN) promotes wellness, personal growth and self-determination for people who have experienced mental illness by providing social opportunities, education, and community involvement. We believe in diversity, acceptance, advocacy and empowerment while encouraging people to transform their lives.
As a non-profit peer run organization, PRPSN demonstrates that self-help is a valuable part of recovery from mental illness. Our programs illustrate the benefits of helping people with mental illness build a base of support among their peers – to share goals, conquer fears, and celebrate successes. Our services demonstrate the importance of self-help and peer programs as an integral part of mental health systems.
To learn more about PRPSN, come to the meeting and/or visit THIS SITE.
The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m., on November 17, 2014. At 6:00 p.m., before the meeting, our monthly Caring & Sharing family support group will meet. The Caring and Sharing Meeting is in the Fireside Room and the Speaker Meeting is in Faith Hall at the First Lutheran Church, 2900 Carson St., Torrance CA. Parking is available in the parking lot off of Carson Street and on Carson Street and Flower Avenue.
- Support Groups (goerie.com)
- Coping (thetimes-tribune.com)
- John Morris Picks Up Another Major Media Endorsement In Los Angeles County For Assessor Campaign (prweb.com)
- Patient Dumping and the Mentally Ill (andresberger.com)
- Overwhelming 85% Of Young American Catholics Support Gays And Lesbian, Pew Report (huffingtonpost.com)
- Upcoming meetings and events (cjonline.com)
- Who Are the Largest Employers in Torrance (beachcitieshomesblog.com)