FROM LA API Giving Circle:
We invite nonprofit organizations deeply rooted in the Asian American/Pacific Islander (AA/PI) Community to submit a proposal to this round of grantmaking for the Los Angeles Asian American and Pacific Islander Giving Circle.
Founded in 2007, the Giving Circle is made up of a group of community-minded friends who pool together our resources to support projects and organizations in Los Angeles County that are engaged in socially-innovative, grassroots ideas.
The Giving Circle’s grantmaking goal is to invest in community-based organizations engaged in progressive change work that serve AA/PI communities; we encourage organizations that may not have access to mainstream foundation funding due to their size or the nature of their program to apply.
Friday, January 6, 2015, midnight – email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unrestricted grants of up to $3000 will be awarded
- The Giving Circle may, at its sole discretion, award smaller grants
- 501(c)3 organizations (or groups with an eligible 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor)
- Total annual operating budget of $100,000 or less
- Organizations that are AA/PI led and/or provide direct services to the AA/PI community
- Serve Los Angeles County
Past recipients include:
- Chinese Progressive Association – San Gabriel Valley
- W. Lee Center for Leadership
- Thai Health and Information Services, Inc.
- Tongan Community Service Center
- Nikkei for Civil Rights and Redress for Summer Activist Training
- California Healthy Nail Salon Collaborative
- Sessions LA
- Filipino Migrant Center
- Konnichiwa Little Tokyo
- YNOT Foundation
- Center for Asian-American Wellness
- The Kutturan Chamoru Foundation (KCF)
- The Korean American Senior Citizens Association of San Fernando Valley
- The Pacific Islanders Education and Retention project (PIER)
- PFLAG – San Gabriel Valley Asian Pacific Islander
- Korea Academy for Educators
- Chinatown Community for Equitable Development
- Barangay Los Angeles
We do not fund membership associations, chambers of commerce or film projects. Organizations that have received funding from the LA AA/PI Giving Circle in the past are ineligible to apply.
For questions, please email email@example.com