Stopping Restraint & Seclusion in Schools: For my Child and All Children
In this workshop you will review what is happening in California and empower attendees on how to advocate for their child and in their community. NAMI has long been involved in reducing the use of behavioral restraint and seclusion in mental health settings but not in schools.
About the Conference: NAMI California’s 2015 Annual Conference will be returning to Newport Beach on August 21st through the 22nd. The conference provides an opportunity to discuss mental health issues, advocacy, and research and to network with industry professionals. Highlights include information on the latest research and tools related to mental health treatment as well as strategies for promoting improvements to the mental health system.
- NAMI Day at state capital (kimt.com)
- Early Bird Special Savings! 2015 Annual State Conference (namisouthbay.com)
- How President Obama Has Elevated The Conversation About Mental Health To The National Stage (thinkprogress.org)
- Pathways Vermont prepares to launch new residential mental health program in Burlington (vtdigger.org)
- Mental Health and Police (debatepolitics.com)
- Psychologist Thomas Parham Talks About Mental Health for African-Americans (blackchristiannews.com)
- Researchers Want To Rename Schizophrenia, Help Lessen Mental Health Stigma (medicaldaily.com)
- Sacramento County writes big check to ease mental-health crisis, take pressure off struggling hospitals (bizjournals.com)
- UC Davis Receives $10 Million Grant to Establish Center to… (health.einnews.com)