Together is Better
In this workshop you will learn how mental illness impacts an entire family. Family members, providers and consumers can improve mental health wellness and recovery with care coordination, open communication, and NAMI educational programs. Multiple perspectives – spouses’, siblings’, parents’ and children’s – are presented. A team approach can be much more effective than working in isolation.
About the Conference: NAMI California’s 2015 Annual Conference will be returning to Newport Beach on August 21st through the 22nd. The conference provides an opportunity to discuss mental health issues, advocacy, and research and to network with industry professionals. Highlights include information on the latest research and tools related to mental health treatment as well as strategies for promoting improvements to the mental health system.
- NAMI Day at state capital (kimt.com)
- Teens and anxiety: What can we do? (scooprocket.com)
- Special Speakers for the 2015 Annual State Conference (namisouthbay.com)
- Researchers Want To Rename Schizophrenia, Help Lessen Mental Health Stigma (medicaldaily.com)
- Disadvantaged Latino, Non-White Patients Twice As Likely to be Misdiagnosed by Mental Health Professionals (latinpost.com)
- How President Obama Has Elevated The Conversation About Mental Health To The National Stage (thinkprogress.org)
- Mental Health Issues Faced by Teenagers (learning-mind.com)