Announcement from NAMI San Fernando & Santa Clarita Valley
- DATES: June 27-28th, 2015
- START TIME: 8:00 am. Saturday
- END TIME: 6:00 pm Sunday
- LOCATION: Encino, California
- TO REGISTER: Contact your local affiliate for an application. Candidates must be referred by their affiliate education coordinator/Family to Family or Basics teacher/active Support Group facilitator or local NAMI board member. Applications are remitted to Bmedof@calottery.com
- COST: Materials, training, and meals (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner both days) are covered. Transportation cost is not reimbursed.
- SPONSORED BY: NAMI SFV-SCV
NAMI Support Group Facilitator Requirements:
- Membership in NAMI is $35.00 annually. To find your affiliate’s website and additional contact information go to namicalifornia.org or call NAMI California at 916-567-0163. References from your local NAMI affiliate will be requested.
- It is important that all individuals trained in this curriculum have lived through the experience of having a first degree relative (brother, mother, spouse, etc.) with a mental illness. Caregivers of someone with mental health challenges will also be considered on a case by case basis.
- Be at a point in their life where they are familiar and comfortable with the emotional issues families face and can self-disclose about their own feelings regarding their life situation.
- Be willing to lead a support group for at least once a month for two years. It is understood that unexpected situations may occur in which flexibility in this policy will be needed.
References from your local NAMI affiliate will be requested. Once you are accepted into the training you will receive an email acknowledgement. Emailing confirmation letters will be sent beginning June 15th.
Announcement initiated by:
Bob Medof, Support Group Facilitator Coordinator
NAMI California Family to Family
National Alliance On Mental Illness
1851 Heritage Ln. Ste. 150 Sacramento, CA 95815
Tel: 916-567-0163 FAX: 916-567-1757