Any person exhibiting these behaviors should get care immediately:
- Putting their affairs in order and giving away their possessions
- Saying goodbye to friends and family
- Mood shifts from despair to calm
- Planning, possibly by looking around to buy, steal or borrow the tools they need to commit suicide, such as a firearm or prescription medication
If you are unsure, a licensed mental health professional can help assess risk.
See more at the NAMI National Site.
- Suicide prevention team plans walk/run on Oct. 3 (journalstar.com)
- SALUD: National Suicide Prevention Week — Risk Factors & Barriers to Treatment (latinpost.com)
- Nord forms suicide survivors’ group (chronicle.northcoastnow.com)
- World Suicide Prevention Day (ananthv9.wordpress.com)
- Study finds high number of people contemplate suicide (antiguaobserver.com)
- Thousands support suicide prevention walk (wavy.com)
- Don’t Do It – Suicide Prevention Day (ireport.cnn.com)