DATE: MARCH 17, 2018
TIME: 9AM – 3PM
NAMI Los Angeles County Council invites the public to its 4th Annual Parent and Caregiver Conference.
This is a free event to the public (donations welcome).
CENTER AT THE CATHEDRAL OF OUR LADY OF THE ANGELS
555 W. TEMPLE STREET
LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
Parking is available; Public transportation is accessible on the Purple/Red Line.
Topics that are expected to be presented include:
- School-based mental health programs
- Individualized Education Program plans
- Foster/kinship program services
- Benefits services – SSI/SSDI
- Communication skills
- Crisis response
- Ask the doctor session with a child psychiatrist
- Panel session: “My Family Member Has Been Arrested”
In addition, we will have opportunities for the following discussions:
- Family Support Group (offered in English and Spanish)
- Signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Integrated care for co-occurring disorders
- Legal help for parents and families
For more information contact Alecia Ojinaga at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 299-2973. Here is the evitebrite link to the conference https://www.eventbrite.com/e/parent-and-caregiver-conference-tickets-41398535133