NAMI Los Angeles County Council will sponsor a Connections Facilitator Training, August 25 & 26,
2018, in Los Angeles. The Connections curriculum is designed to enable co-facilitators who are not
mental health professionals to run support groups for their peers. It is an opportunity for NAMI
members to help support other members in navigating the challenges and triumphs of living with a
mental illness. Facilitators also provide hope and remind members that they are not alone.
- Graduates of a peer to peer course are preferred but not required.
- Be at a point in their life where they are familiar and comfortable with the emotional issues members
face and can self-disclose about their own feelings regarding their illness and recovery.
- Current membership in a NAMI Affiliate ( Los Angeles County Preferred )
- Attend the entire two-day training
- Commit to facilitate groups for at least a year
- Facilitating experience is not needed!
After your application is reviewed and you are accepted as a participant we will then contact you with more details for this training.
- What: Two-day NAMI Connections Facilitator Training
- Who: Contact Zack Kendall, Coordinator for an application at Zackery.Kendall@namisfv.org
- When: August 25 & 26, 2018; Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Where: NAMI LACC Headquarters, Los Angeles
- Cost: LA County NAMI affiliate members $100, waived upon participant graduation. Outside affiliates $200. Cost covers trainer fees, breakfast and lunch for both days; and training materials. [NAMI (individual) members or affiliates cover the cost of dinner and hotel accommodations for students.]
- Deadline : Applications must be received by August 15, 2018.
If your interested, CLICK HERE to APPLY.