Many NAMI South Bay members have membership renewals around the start of the calendar year. Early last year, the NAMI national board of directors voted to add a Household membership category to the membership structure and raise the dues for existing categories. These changes were effective on July 1, 2017. NAMI South Bay is required to follow the new membership structure.
The new membership rates are as follows:
- Household $60. For multiple people at one address.
- Individual $40.
- Open Door $5. Open to anyone experiencing financial constraints.
If there are multiple people at your address who wish to join NAMI you have many options.
- Each person may join as an Individual or Open Door member or
- One person at the address may join as an Individual or Open Door member or
- All people at the address may join as part of one Household membership.
NAMI South Bay will no longer support a “Newsletter Only” membership category because it is not supported by NAMI National. “Newsletter Only” members whose memberships expired July 1, 2017 can rejoin using one of supported membership categories. Those whose memberships expire after July 1, will have their memberships converted to one of the supported categories.