NAMI South Bay’s Caring and Sharing Program offers five support groups — four for family members in different languages, and one group called Connections for persons with a mental illness.
- An English Language Caring and Sharing Support Group is offered just before the regular monthly meeting on the third Monday of the month at 6 PM in the Fireside Room at the First Lutheran Church, 2900 W. Carson in Torrance. (If the third Monday of the month falls on a holiday, the Caring and Sharing and regular monthly meeting are moved to the fourth Monday. In December and May this Caring and Sharing may be canceled as there is usually a special meeting of NAMI South Bay at this time. In August there is usually no Caring and Sharing.)
- Another English A Caring and Sharing support group meets at Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd at 21100 Victor in Torrance on the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. Please contact Cathie English at 310-938-8413 for more information.
- A Japanese Language Family Support Group is held from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. on the second Monday of each month at Harbor UCLA Wellness Center (Across Vermont Ave. from Harbor UCLA), 21730 S. Vermont Ave. #210 (2nd Floor). For information, contact Chiaki Ueki (310) 372-0981, or Takako Augustsson (310) 882-0333. See also the Japanese Support Group Site.
- A Spanish Language Family Support Group is every Tuesday from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in Building D2 at the Harbor UCLA Medical Center in Torrance. For information, contact Modesta Pulido (310) 513-1178.
- The Connections Support Group for persons with a mental illness meets every Thursday from 6 to 7:30 PM in Building 2 South at the Harbor UCLA Medical Center in Torrance.
The Caring and Sharing Program is facilitated by an experienced NAMI family member. At the Caring and Sharing, issues, problems and possible solutions to problems with regard to persons with a mental illness are discussed and shared.