This past Sunday 60 Minutes aired a segment on how many people are denied treatment for their mental health issues. It’s important to know that your rights with mental health parity allow for coverage for mental health issues.
When insurance companies deny the mentally ill the treatment their doctors prescribe, seriously ill people are often discharged, and can be a danger to themselves or others
You can read the full script and/or view the segment at 60 Minute’s site here. It is the very first segment of the show.
- Parents rally for more help in dealing with mental illness (radioiowa.com)
- Some slogans for fighting discrimination (mentalhealthmy.com)
- ‘A moment for mental health’: Rethink Mental Illness visit the Guardian (theguardian.com)
- Haircuts help raise awareness about mental illness (krdo.com)
- Lost Minds: Serving people with mental illness (livingthekingdom.wordpress.com)
- Mental health inequalities in detection of breast cancer (eurekalert.org)
- ’60 Minutes’ Shows Mental Health Claim Denials Persist, Despite Obamacare Rules (forbes.com)
- ’60 Minutes’ Shows Insurers Deny Mental Health Treatment Despite ACA Rules (energybloggers.com)