Community-Defined Solutions for Latino Transition Age Youths’ Mental Health Care Disparities
In this workshop you will learn to identify community-defined promising practices, models, and approaches that may be used as strategies to reduce disparities in mental health among Latino TAY and youth with foster care experiences.
About the Conference: NAMI California’s 2015 Annual Conference will be returning to Newport Beach on August 21st through the 22nd.
The conference provides an opportunity to discuss mental health issues, advocacy, and research and to network with industry professionals. Highlights include information on the latest research and tools related to mental health treatment as well as strategies for promoting improvements to the mental health system.
- Changing Our Perspectives on Mental Illness and Health (psychologytoday.com)
- Agency sued for misrepresenting adopted boy’s mental health (ksn.com)
- For Women’s History Month, Honor Mental Health Worker Gigi Crowder (postnewsgroup.com)
- Vancouver mayor calls on senior governments to provide more resources in battle against homelessness (theprovince.com)
- Arizona children suffer in broken foster-care system, suit claims (sfgate.com)
- Federal Study: Foster Kids Struggle to get Health Screenings (wsaw.com)